I always give you a chance to download all my patterns for FREE. But if you can afford it, you are very welcome to pay or donate me - your contributions help me to provide for myself and support my family.
This pattern is for a beautiful transformable dress that can be worn multiple different ways – floor-long, knee-short, with sleeves/belt or without. If you follow the instructions you will create a biodegradable compostable garment utilising 100% of your fabric. Yes! You will have no fabric scraps left after you’ve completed this project! You will also be able to reproduce the same design as on my sample as I am providing a file with the design template graded into sizes. You can transfer it on your dress and apply using fabric paint!
This process is called zero waste fashion design – it integrates pattern cutting into the design process. Although it is not really new and has been applied widely in historical garments (such as kimonos, for example) in modern days it was reinvented and pioneered by a group of designers including – Timo Rissanen, Holy McQuillan, Maya Stabel, Juian Roberts and others. With this pattern I am offering you to dive into the world of zero waste fashion at your home and join the growing numbers of sewers who favour this innovative method of making clothes!
SIZE RANGE: The dress comes in sizes 6-32 (bust 80.5cm - 158.5cm)
When you add the pattern to your cart and fill all your details you will get a downloadable link to the following 4 documents:
1. Hanita Zero Waste Dress_Pattern Description and Instructions
2. Hanita Zero Waste Dress_Cutting Instructions
3. Hanita zero waste dress_Front and Back templates_A0 PAPER SIZE size
4. Hanita zero waste dress_Front and Back templates_A4 PAPER SIZE
5. Hanita Zero Waste Dress_Sewing Instructions
6. DESIGN decor_SIZES 6-12_A0 PAPER size
7. DESIGN decor_SIZES 6-12_A4 PAPER size
8. DESIGN decor_SIZES 6-12_A4 PAPER size
9. DESIGN decor_SIZES 14-18_A4 PAPER size
10. DESIGN decor_SIZES 20-24_A0 PAPER size
11. DESIGN decor_SIZES 20-24_A4 PAPER size
12. DESIGN decor_SIZES 26-32_A0 PAPER size
13. DESIGN decor_SIZES 26-32_A4 PAPER size
To create this dress I used linen/viscose blend fabric from https://www.seaofsilks.com – a company that specialises in sourcing natural sustainable fabrics which are ethically made. I eco dyed the fabric first. If you don't know how to do that you can order already printed and/or dyed fabric from this supplier! Contact them to discuss your options!
Submit your review