There are no events planned at the moment. For more updates on the upcoming events and sewing classes join my Telegram Channel!
INTRODUCTION TO EMBROIDERY - ONLINE WORKSHOP
My first ever online workshop was help on the 20th of September! It was a collaboration with Bunjil Place Library and was held as part of their School Holiday Program for kids. If you are interested to have this workshop please get in touch! 🙂
This workshop is suitable for children (10 years and up). Younger children are advised to have an adult helper with them.
- I will provide you with all the materials (sent via post as soon as I receive the payment). Early enrollments are vital to make sure you receive all your materials in time!
- You will learn two basic hand stitches and a few tricks on how to use them for embroidery.
- You will create a little picture that can be framed later on and proudly displayed at your home or gifted as a present to your loved ones.
- I will give you a little printed guide to keep so that you can go through what we have learned later on!
When: UPON AGREEMENT - PM ME TO BOOK.
Where: ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Cost: TO BE ARRANGED
To book: Email email@example.com
BASIC SEWING MACHINE SKILLS - WORKSHOP
Have you ever wanted to learn how to use the sewing machine? Are you scared to start because all those hooks and buttons on your machine seam too complicated to understand?
Come to our 2 hour workshop in Melbourne South-East! ? I will guide you through all the basics you need to start using your machine straight away!
This workshop is suitable for both adults and children (7 years and up). Younger children are advised to have an adult helper with them.
- You will learn basic machine parts, get an understanding of how to thread the machine, how to control the foot pedal and how to do basic stitches. ?
- You will create a little potpourri filled fragrant circle that can be used to freshen air in your car or home. ? We will use only 100% cotton fabrics and threads, handmade chemical free potpourri and then special fabric crayons to draw your own design on the circle! So that your little creation will be compostable at the end of its life cycle!
- I will give you a little printed guide to keep so that you can go through what we have learned at home!
SPACES ARE LIMITED, ONLY 6 AVAILABLE, SO BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
When: THIS WORKSHOP IS POSTPONED, NEW DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE
Where: 185 Warrigal rd, Hughesdale VIC
To book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
FASHION REVOLUTION - POP UP EVENT
Fashion revolution is a movement demanding the clothing industry to be more transparent and fairer to all involved. It makes us rethink our buying habits. Have you ever wondered where the majority of your clothes are made? Are you curious to find out what happens to the clothes you donate to charity or return to shops like H&M? Are you interested to know how your garment purchases impacts the planet? Do you want to learn more about eco-friendly care for your clothes?
Please join me, Victoria from VicEcoDesigns and Paula from The Sewing Carousel to our Repair and Sew for Slow Fashion - a Fashion Revolution Pop Up event!
It’s a family friendly affair and we will have some exciting activities for kids as well as adults including:
- An upcycling and clothes repair station
- 'Give sewing a go' table
- Fashion revolution activities corner
- Watch a few short documentaries exposing fashions dirty secrets
- Chat with Alexandra from Eco Beauty about organic skin / clothes care products & get a free recipe for home made eco-friendly washing detergent
- Raffle, clothing industry quiz with great prizes to be won (valued up to $40 each) and more!
When: Sunday 28th April 10:00am-12:00pm
Where: Notting Hill Neighbourhood House
Cost: $3 single entry or $5 per family
The new owners of the Golden Dress are announced now! Rethink Recycling Coop will be proudly displaying it as part of their educational program! 🙂
You can learn more about them via their Instagram page. Website is coming soon! 🙂
Would you like to be the custodian of the dress from this magazine cover? Head on to Re:think magazine (former Junkies Magazine) - ISSUE 22 has al the details you need!
My article speculating on our relationship with clothes, clothes memories and why we should preserve them was published in Issue 16 of Junkies magazine!